Campbell, J. L. (John Lyle)
- Existence: 1818-1886
A.B., W&L, 1843; A.M.; LL.D. Robinson professor of natural (physical) science, W&L, 1851; Robinson professor chemistry, W&L, 1865; Robinson professor chemistry (mineralogy) and geology, W&L, 1875-86. Superintendent, Rockbridge Co. schools, 1870-82. See MSS Catalog.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
File — Box: 2, Folder: 86
Scope and Contents This folder contains a newspaper article, notes, and photographs of Stono, originally known as Jordan’s Point and built by Colonel John Jordan. The article and notes discuss owners, including John L. Campbell, Mrs. Anne R. Howell, and William J. Driver. It also discusses the Virginia Military Institute, near which Stono stands.
Dates: 1953 - 1990