Powell, Lewis F.
Lewis Franklin Powell, Jr.; b. Sept. 19, 1907, Suffolk, Va.; d. Aug. 25, 1998, Richmond, Va.; associate justice of the Supreme Court of the United States, Jan. 7, 1972-June 26, 1987
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
This collection includes items from Johnston's chairmanship of the 50th reunion of the Class of 1929 at Washington and Lee University in 1979 and from when he was named Distinguished Washington and Lee Alumnus in 1980. It also includes two typed letters signed by Supreme Court Justice Lewis F. Powell.
This collection consists of correspondence of Lewis F. Powell, Jr. concerning Washington and Lee University from 1959-1970 and materials regarding his nomination to the United States Supreme Court in 1971.
- Correspondence 2
- American Bar Association 1
- American Bar Association. Young Lawyers Division 1
- Bar associations 1
- Class reunions 1
- Hunton & Williams 1
- Hunton, Williams, Anderson, Gay & Moore 1
- Postcards -- Collectors and collecting 1
- School integration--Law and legislation 1
- School integration--Massive resistance movement 1
- Supreme Court Justices -- United States 1
- United States. Supreme Court 1
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae 1
- Virginia -- Richmond 1
- Washington and Lee University 1
- Washington and Lee University School of Law 1
- World War (1939-1945) 1 + ∧ less