Green Pastures recreation area (segregated, near Clifton Forge). C.M. Wood was administrator, then Harry Walker Wood.
Scope and Contents
This file consists of a pamphlet detailing the location and offerings of Green Pastures Recreation Area- a segregated park for Black people located near Clifton Forge- and an article from the Roanoke Times detailing the efforts to preserve the park located in the Alleghany Highlands. The pamphlet includes descriptions of the physical features of the park, available activities, hours of operation, and hand-drawn maps of the area.
- Creation: Inclusive 1910-1975
- Creation: Majority of material found within Bulk 1910-1940
- From the Collection: Walker family (Family)
- From the Collection: Wood family (Family)
- From the Collection: Price, James H. (James Hubert) (Correspondent, Person)
From the Collection: 4 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
From the Series: English