General, 1969 - 1970
Scope and Contents
This file consists of two copies of introductory notes to the Rockbridge Heritage House tour for the years 1969 and 1970. The convered houses in the notes have historical backgrounds. The following houses appear in the notes: Alexander-Withrow House, VMI Superintendent's Quarters, Stono, Clifton, Maple Hill, Timber Ridge Church, Horatio Thompson House, The Red House, Mulberry Grove, New Providence Presbyterian Church, Briarwood, Bellevue, Maxwelton, Level Loop, Windy Glen, Cedar Grove, Reeves Collection, Washington Hall, Lee Chapel, President's House, University Place, Blandome, Beaumont, the Manse, Marlbrook, Hickory Hill, Stonewall Jackson Cemetary (now Oak Grove), Red Mill (also known as Barclay's Tavern), Stone Castle, Herring Hall (formerly know as Clover Hall), and Fancy Hill.
- Majority of material found within 1969 - 1970
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research use.
From the Collection: 1 Linear Feet (Two boxes each measuring 7inches. )
Language of Materials
- Blandome (Lexington, Va.)
- Borden, Benjamin, Sr.
- Jordan, John
- Lee Chapel (Washington and Lee University)
- Liberty Hall Academy
- Stonewall Jackson Cemetery (Lexington, Va.)
- Virginia -- Botetourt County
- Virginia -- Jamestown
- Virginia -- Lexington
- Virginia -- Rockbridge County
- Virginia Military Institute
- Washington and Lee University
- Washington and Lee University. Lee House. President's House
- Washington and Lee University. Reeves Center
Part of the Washington and Lee University, University Library Special Collections and Archives Repository
204 W. Washington St.
Lexington VA 24450 USA