Ellen Reily to Robert E. Lee, 1866-04-02
Scope and Contents
This letter to Robert E. Lee comes from Ellen Reily. She asks Lee if he could include her husband in his book on the American Civil War. She includes newspaper clippings, orders, and letters by and about her husband Colonel James Reily.
- Creation: 1866-04-02
- Reily, Ellen Hart, b. ca. 1814 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use.
From the Collection: 24 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
- Lee, Robert E. (Robert Edward), 1807-1870 (Person)
- Reily, James, 1811-1863 (Person)
- Mason, Emily V. (Emily Virginia), 1815-1909 (Person)
- Confederate States of America. Army. Sibley Brigade (Organization)
- The Houston Telegraph (Organization)