Stuart Sanders Correspondence
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of Sanders' correspondence to his parents regarding life at Washington and Lee University, including his participation in the Arcades Club fraternity (now Delta Upsilon), sports, classes, jobs, and the Lexington Presbyterian Church as well as comments on campus drinking and mention of his brother Irwin Sanders and friend Richard Gooch. Includes his correspondence during his job with his uncle, Stuart Sanders, in Richmond at Sanders Brothers from 1931-1934 with significant comments about the Depression years. Includes 16 photographs of family and friends.
- Inclusive 1918-1965
- Majority of material found within Bulk 1926-1934
- Sanders, Stuart, II (Correspondent, Person)
Conditions Governing Use
The materials from Washington and Lee University Special Collections are made available for use in research, teaching, and private study, pursuant to U.S. Copyright law. The user assumes full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, infringement of copyright and publication rights of reproduced materials. Any materials used should be fully credited with the source.
Biographical / Historical
Sanders is a Class of 1931 alumnus of Washington and Lee University and was a businessman in Richmond from 1931-1934.
1.2 Linear Feet
Blue sheet prepared by Betty Kondayan (4/20/99)
- College sports
- College students
- College students -- Alcohol use
- College students -- Social conditions
- Fraternal organizations
- Lexington Presbyterian Church (Lexington, Va.)
- Washington and Lee University
- Washington and Lee University. Delta Upsilon
- Washington and Lee University. Mock Convention, 1928
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard