Robert C. Peniston Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection contains correspondence (1977-1995), including to editors of various publications on political and military matters and memorabilia from Peniston's tenure as head of Lee Chapel at Washington and Lee University (1976-1998).
- 1976 - 1998
- Eisenhower, David (Correspondent, Person)
- Eisenhower, Julie Nixon (Correspondent, Person)
- Crowe, William J. (Correspondent, Person)
- Zumwalt, Elmo R. (Correspondent, Person)
- Buchanan, Patrick J. (Patrick Joseph) (Correspondent, Person)
- McCain, John (Correspondent, Person)
- Kirkpatrick, James J. (Correspondent, Person)
- Webb, James H. (Correspondent, Person)
- Sidey, Hugh (Correspondent, Person)
- Peniston, Robert C. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is not yet processed. Use of the collection is granted on a case by case basis. Please contact the Head of Special Collections at 540-458-8649 for more information.
Conditions Governing Use
The materials from Washington and Lee University Special Collections are made available for use in research, teaching, and private study, pursuant to U.S. Copyright law. The user assumes full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, infringement of copyright and publication rights of reproduced materials. Any materials used should be fully credited with the source. Permission for publication of this material, in part or in full, must be secured with the Head of Special Collections.
Biographical / Historical
Robert C. Peniston is a retired United States Navy Captain and was director of the Lee Chapel at Washington and Lee University from 1976-1998.
6.5 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Robert C. Peniston.
Blue sheet prepared by Betty Kondayan (8/13/08)
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Washington and Lee University, University Library Special Collections and Archives Repository
204 W. Washington St.
Lexington VA 24450 USA