Daniel T. Balfour Alumni Correspondence
Scope and Contents
This collection ncludes correspondence with various Washington and Lee University officials (Sessoms, Hotchkiss, Parsons and Wilson); other alumni concerning Washington and Lee University Admissions, athletics, fund raising, college history, the Washington Society, the 250th observance at Washington and Lee University; the minutes of the Alumni Board of Directors; course book from 1998 alumni college titled Older than America: an oral history of Washington and Lee.
- Creation: Inclusive 1974-1998
- Balfour, Daniel T. (Person)
Conditions Governing Use
The materials from Washington and Lee University Special Collections are made available for use in research, teaching, and private study, pursuant to U.S. Copyright law. The user assumes full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, infringement of copyright and publication rights of reproduced materials. Any materials used should be fully credited with the source. Permission for publication of this material, in part or in full, must be secured with the Head of Special Collections.
Biographical / Historical
David T. Balfour a member of the Washington and Lee University Class of 1963 (B.A.), law class of 1965 (J.D.), was a presiding judge in the 14th judicial circuit court of Virginia in Henrico County.
3 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Daniel T. Balfour in 2000.
- Sessoms, Richard B. (Person)
- Hotchkiss, Farris Pierson (Person)
- Parsons, Frank (Frank Arthur) (Person)
- Wilson, John Delane (Person)
- Washington and Lee University. Alumni Board of Directors (Organization)
- Washington and Lee University. Admissions Department (Organization)
- Lee Chapel (Washington and Lee University) (Organization)
- Sigma Phi Epsilon (Organization)
- Washington and Lee University. Washington Literary Society (Organization)
- Washington and Lee University. Mock Convention (Organization)
- Washington and Lee University. School of Law (Organization)
- Washington and Lee University. Alumni Fraternity Council (Organization)
- Washington and Lee University (Organization)
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script