David Low ephemera related to the NASA Shuttle Program
Scope and Contents
This collection contains a Washington and Lee banner that David Low, a Washington and Lee alumnus, took with him aboard the U.S. Space Shuttle, Endeavour for 9 days, 23 hours, and 45 minutes. There is also a framed photographic print of the Atlantis space shuttle that Low presented to W&L President James Delane Wilson. Low autographed the photograph's mat.
- Creation: 1993
- Low, David (Collector, Person)
Conditions Governing Use
The materials from Washington and Lee University Special Collections are made available for use in research, teaching, and private study, pursuant to U.S. Copyright law. The user assumes full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, infringement of copyright and publication rights of reproduced materials. Any materials used should be fully credited with the source. Permission for publication of this material, in part or in full, must be secured with the Head of Special Collections.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of David Low.
- United States. National Aeronautics and Space Administration (Organization)
- Endeavour (Space shuttle) (Organization)
- Atlantis (Space shuttle) (Organization)
- John F. Kennedy Space Center (Organization)
- Wisoff, Jeff (Person)
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script