William George McDowell Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection includes manuscript and typecript sketches of 41 Washington and Lee Alumni who served in the American Civil War. The materials were compiled for a proposed memorial volume which was never completed. Included are letters to McDowell from veterans, descendants of veterans, and associates answering his request for information.
- Creation: Inclusive 1910-1914
- McDowell, William George, 1850-1921 (Person)
Conditions Governing Use
The materials from Washington and Lee University Special Collections are made available for use in research, teaching, and private study, pursuant to U.S. Copyright law. The user assumes full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, infringement of copyright and publication rights of reproduced materials. Any materials used should be fully credited with the source. Permission for publication of this material, in part or in full, must be secured with the Head of Special Collections.
Language of Materials
- Confederate States of America. Army. Liberty Hall Volunteers (Organization)
- Confederate States of America. Army. Stonewall Brigade (Organization)
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script