Contains 20 Results:
Plunkett House, 1957
This folder contains a report on Plunkett House, including owners of the house such as James Jordan, J.C. Boode, and Mrs. Minne Reed Brown; the physical location of the house and its surroundings; photographs of the house and a floorplan.
Hull Farm, 1961
This folder contains an architectural and historical survey of the Hull Farm (also known as Laughlin Farm), including photographs and blueprints, written by James A. Russ in 1961.
This folder contains a letter from Nannie Jordan and a resolution concerning the restoration of the Jordan House adopted by the Board of Trustees of Washington and Lee University.
Jordan, John House, 1939
This folder contains newspaper articles about the Jordan House and its preservation, as well as two copies of a paper entitled, “The Preservation of the Jordan House: A Suggestion,” written in 1939 by Leslie Lyle Campbell.
This folder contains an insurance application for the Kinney House.
This folder contains notes on Liberty Hill, Thomas Welch, Jr. and Eliza Grigsby, as well as photocopied images of Liberty Hill and a map.
This folder contains an analysis of the Lindsay Home, including photographs. The analysis discusses the home’s owners, including John Paul Cook, as well as the structure of the house.
This folder contains a report on the Ludwick-Swope farm, including a brief history of Rockbridge County, maps and photographs of the area, blueprints, a discussion of early farming practices, and excerpts from a will book and deed book.
Lunsford House, 1960
This folder contains a report on the Lunsford House, including a history of the building and land, structural information, and blueprints and photographs of the house.
This folder contains a newspaper article about the McCampbell Inn, owned by the Merediths (along with the Alexander-Withrow House). The article discusses the restoration of the McCampbell Inn as well as detailing information about Beth Braford Thompson, the innkeeper.
This folder contains a paper written for a fine arts class entitled, “The McChesney House.” The paper discusses John McChesney, his family and slaves, more specifically a slave named Maria, and her experiences and connection to strange occurrences in the area. It also discusses the Civil War and its effects on the McChesney family as well as structural information about and photographs of the house.
McNutt (John) House
This collection consists of essays, reports, financial documentation, and other historic records documenting the presence, arcitecture, development, or evolution of local houses in and around Rockbridge County and Lexington, Virginia.
This folder contains a sketch of the inscription over the kitchen door at Marlbrook, built by David Greenlee.
Matheny House, 1919
This folder contains a newspaper article concerning the Matheny House and its removal from Main Street.
Middleton Mansion House, 1941
This folder contains a newspaper article about the history of Middleton "Mansion House."
This folder contains personal recollections from Ellen Anderson concerning Mount Joy, including the history of the property and its owners.
This folder contains a history of Mount Pleasant, located in Buffalo Forge, including information about the land.
This folder contains part of an article from Harper’s New Monthly Magazine titled, “Mount Vernon as It Is.” This article discusses George Washington and his home in depth.
Mulberry Hill, 1990
This folder contains a pamphlet about Mulberry Hill, detailing historical information and the portraits in each room, as well as a picture of Mulberry Hill.
This folder contains seven pieces of paper, along with a typed version, discussing different buildings in Natural Bridge: Red Mill, High Bridge Church, Stone Castle, Sunny Knoll, Rural Valley, Oak Forest, and Indian Block-House.