Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Scope and Contents Items in the collection include a scrapbook, a bound volume of the Ring-Tum Phi, a book of pressed leaves, Miller family birth records, photographs of Lexington and Campbell family members, newspapers, and personal letters.
Dates: Inclusive 1843-1950
Scope and Contents Includes 82 items collected by Charles Manson Crutchfield, including 38 photographs some of which are of Confederate generals and were taken by Michael Miley, postcards and printed materials, most of which concern Washington and Lee University and the surrounding city of Lexington, Virginia during the 1880's
Dates: Inclusive 1882-1914; Majority of material found within Bulk 1880-1889
Scope and Contents Photographs and negatives relating to Lexington, Va., compiled over 30 years by Washington and Lee University Special Collection Staff. Contents of collection include originals and copies and vary in size and format. Highlights include a c. 1900 stereoview of Washington Street looking west, and a mid-twentieth century print of Michael Miley's image of Robert E. Lee's funeral procession. There are also copies of an early interior view of the Lexington Presbyterian Church. Other copies include...
Dates: 1857 - 1969
Scope and Contents One is a postcard ca. 1910 titled 'East Lexington.' It shows House Mountain in the distance and the Maury River downstream from East Lexington, Virginia. The two other images are duplicate contemporary 8x10 black and white photos of House Mountain printed from the original negative made by photographer Michael Miley, c. 1885 - 1900.
Dates: ca. 1910-1980?
Scope and Contents This collection contains two pamphlets issued by the Lexington Chamber of Commerce and its later incarnation, the Lexington-Rockbridge County Chamber of Commerce. One, which predates 1926, is entitled Lexington Virginia: 'Heart of the Southland'. Several photographs by Michael Miley and a regional map are printed inside. The second one is entitled A Sign Program for Lexington, Virginia, which was reprinted from the News Gazette October 28 1964. There is also a copy of meeting minutes from the...
Dates: prior to 1926-1964
Scope and Contents This collection consists of contact prints made from Michael Miley's glass plate negatives, which are owned by the Library of Virginia.
Dates: Other: 199?
Scope and Contents This is a photo of the former Baptist Church located on Nelson Street (Route 60) in Lexington, Virginia, designed by architect James Crawford Neilson. This photograph was likely made by photographer Michael Miley. The church was constructed in 1879 and demolished in 1919.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1879 - 1905
Scope and Contents Photograph includes a horse and buggy that is parked in front of the Forest Inn Hotel on Stagecoach Road. This contemporary copy was made from an original Michael Miley negative.
Scope and Contents This collection consists of two photographs by Michael Miley matted onto one card. The two images of Pulpit Rock are almost identical. The card contains a description of Natural Bridge on the back.