Showing Collections: 1 - 19 of 19
Allen Wesley Moger Correspondence
This collection includes a 5-page paper by Allen Moger concerning the Army Enlisted Reserve Corps (E.R.C.) at Washington and Lee University and letters received by Moger from students who were called to active duty from the E.R.C.
Arnold Toynbee letter
This letter is from Toynbee to Washington and Lee University President, Francis P. Gaines, upon Toynbee's departure from the University in June 1958.
Carter James Harris Photograph
Carte de visite photograph of Carter James Harris by Boude and Miley. Harris was a faculty member of Washington College and Washington and Lee University from 1858-1894. This item is signed by Harris.
Dabney Stuart Papers
This collection includes drafts, manuscripts, and corrected typescripts of published and several unpublished novels, short story collections, volumes of poetry, his lectures, and a list of all of Stuart's publications from 1959-2009.
Daniel Harvey Hill Correspondence
In this Jan. 31, 1849 letter to Phelps Collins at West Point, New York, Hill describes the students he is teaching at Washington College and the townspeople of Lexington.
George S. Whitney Biochemistry Notebook
This notebook contains biochemistry notes of Whitney during his tenure at Washington and Lee University.
Henry Donald Campbell Correspondence
This collection consists of letters written to Henry Donald Campbell, mostly from his colleagues at Washington and Lee University when he was on a leave of absence from the university.
James Graham Leyburn Papers
James Madison Lesson Plans
This notebook contains questions created by Madison for use in teaching his students at the College of William and Mary about Adam Smith's The Wealth of Nations.
James McDowell Correspondence
John Alexander Graham Papers
This collection includes Graham's compositions, World War I papers and correspondence, memorabilia of Washington and Lee University activities, scores, sheet music, notebooks, and other correspondence.
Juliet S. Bradford Correspondence
This collection includes 11 items, all expressing sympathy at the death of Mrs. Bradford's husband, Vincent L. Bradford, a benefactor of Washington and Lee University. There is a resolution passed by the Washington and Lee University faculty in tribute to the memory of Mr. Vincent L. Bradford.
Maryland Historical Society statement of appreciation for John H. Latane
Statement of appreciation for the life of John Holladay Latane adopted by the Maryland Historical Society, of which he was a member. Statement includes biographical information about his life. A copy of the statement was sent to each of the schools where he attended and taught. It is signed by the historical society's secretary, James E. [Haucoch].
Milton W. Humphreys Autobiography
Typescript autobiography includes excerpts about Milton W. Humphreys' student and teaching years at Washington College and Washington and Lee University from 1866-1875.
Norman Franklin Lord Papers
These Papers include Lord's correspondence, class outlines, and tests, as well as sports-related articles collected by Lord.
Ollinger Crenshaw Correspondence
Reid White's Grade Book
This collection is Reid White's grade book from 1874-1875. The grades consist of: 0 - failure, 5 - indifferent, 8 - good, 9 - very good, 10 - perfect.
Tom Wolfe Letter
Photocopy of a letter from Tom Wolfe to Professor Carlisle recommending Marshall Fishwick for the Alumni Distinguished Professorship.
William G. Brown Papers
Handwritten manuscript draft of William Brown's protest to the Washington and Lee University Board of Trustees related to issues of religious life on campus and a handwritten response from Rev. F. B. Converse (Francis Bartlett Converse) to Brown.
- Subject: Universities and colleges -- Faculty X
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty 17
- Correspondence 12
- College students 3
- Autobiography 2
- Education -- Curricula 2
- World War (1939-1945) 2
- Awards 1
- Benefactors 1
- Biochemistry 1
- Carte de visite photographs 1
- Church colleges 1
- College sports 1
- College students -- Religious life 1
- College students -- Study and teaching 1
- College teaching 1
- Commencement ceremonies 1
- Creative writing 1
- Diplomas 1
- Economic history 1
- Europe 1
- Grading and marking (Students) 1
- Haitians -- Economic conditions 1
- Haitians -- Social conditions 1
- Judges -- Selection and appointment 1
- Lectures and lecturing 1
- Lesson planning 1
- Literature -- Societies, etc. 1
- Manuscripts 1
- Memorials 1
- New York (State) -- West Point 1
- Note-taking 1
- Personal narratives 1
- Photographs 1
- Physical education and training 1
- Poetry 1
- Presbyterianism 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Sheet music 1
- South Africa 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American 1
- Sympathy 1
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty -- Religious life 1
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty -- Salaries, etc. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Religious life 1
- Vietnam War (1961-1975) 1
- Virginia -- Lexington 1
- Voyages and travels 1
- World War (1914-1918) 1 + ∧ less
- Washington and Lee University 15
- Washington College (Lexington, Va.) 3
- Crenshaw, Ollinger 2
- Graham, John Alexander 2
- Leyburn, James Graham 2
- Boude and Miley 1
- Bradford, Juliet S. 1
- Bradford, Vincent L. (Vincent Loockerman) 1
- Brown, William G. 1
- Campbell, Henry Donald 1
- Cole, Fred Carrington 1
- College of William & Mary 1
- Collins, Phelps 1
- Converse, F. B., Reverend (Francis Bartlett) 1
- Fishburn, J. S. 1
- Fishwick, Marshall William 1
- Gaines, Francis Pendleton 1
- Harris, Carter James 1
- Hill, D. H. (Daniel Harvey), 1821-1889 1
- Humphreys, Milton W. (Milton Wylie) 1
- Jeter, Robert McLean, Jr. 1
- Latane, John Holladay 1
- Lee, C. S. M. 1
- Lee, George H. 1
- Leyburn, Ellen Douglass 1
- Lord, Norman Franklin 1
- Madison, James 1
- Maryland Historical Society 1
- McDowell, James 1
- Moger, Allen Wesley 1
- Moger, Marguerite 1
- Paxton, James H., 1835-? 1
- Penick, Mary Monroe 1
- Riegel, O. W. (Oscar Wetherhold) 1
- School for Personnel Services (Lexington, Va.) 1
- Sheppard, Harvey E., Colonel 1
- Smith, William 1
- Stuart, Dabney 1
- Toynbee, Arnold J. 1
- Tucker, John Randolph 1
- United States. Army. Enlisted Reserve Corps 1
- United States. Foreign Economic Administration 1
- Washington and Lee University. Trustees 1
- Wharton, W. P. 1
- White, Reid 1
- Whitney, George S. (George Stephen) 1
- Wolfe, Tom 1 + ∧ less