Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Admission Scholarship from Washington College to the sons of Mary Jackson Thornton
Broadside Announcing Robert E. Lee's Presidency of Washington College
A broadside announcing Robert E. Lee's acceptance of the presidency of Washington College. The broadside was printed at the Lexington Gazette. The announcement was officially made by John W. Brockenbrough, Rector of Washington College.
Department of Law and Equity Broadside
This broadside from the Department of Law and Equity is dated August 1, 1870. It was published in Lexington, Virginia.
John White Brockenbrough Papers
This collection contains two of John Brockenbrough's personal correspondences, a letter of resignation from Washington and Lee University, and a bank receipt from the Bank of Lexington. One of the personal correspondences contains information about military movements in Virginia during the American Civil War.
Washington College Bond Certificate
This bond certificate dated August 1869 in the amount of $250 is made out to Madison H. Effinger of Rockbridge County, Virginia, for the endowment of Washington College. The certificate is signed by J. M. Leech, University Treasurer, and John W. Brockenbrough, University Rector.
- Names: Brockenbrough, John X
- Correspondence 2
- American Civil War (United States : 1861-1865) 1
- Bonds 1
- Broadsides 1
- Employees -- Resignation 1
- Military campaigns 1
- Receipts (Acknowledgments) 1
- Salem Raid (Virginia : 1863) 1
- Universities and colleges -- Admission 1
- Universities and colleges -- Endowments 1
- Virginia -- Lexington 1 + ∧ less
- Lee, Robert E. (Robert Edward), 1807-1870 2
- Washington College (Lexington, Va.) 2
- Bank of Lexington (Lexington, Va.) 1
- Edmondson, James K., Colonel 1
- Effinger, Madison H. 1