Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Brown Family Photo Collection
Scope and Contents The Brown Family Photo Collection ranges in date from 1875 to about 1960. The collection includes studio portraits and outdoor imagery of the Brown family, friends and acquaintances, groups and outdoor scenery from in and around the Lexington, Collierstown, Murat, North Buffalo, and Oxford Presbyterian Church communities in Rockbridge County. One of the highlights of the collection is Coray Swink Brown's photo album which includes images from his time as a student at Washington and Lee...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1910 - 1970
Cabinet Photograph of Bessie Gardner
A cabinet photograph of Elizabeth Gardner 'Bessie,' who married Alfred I. duPont in 1887. The image was made by 'Davis & Sanford, Artist Photographers' of 246 Fifth Avenue, New York.'
Cabinet photograph of dog
Scope and Contents
Cabinet photograph of a dog taken in the Lexington (Va.) studio of photographer Mrs. N.J. Miller.
Dates: 1890 - 1900
Cabinet photograph of Mamie Echols
Scope and Contents
A photograph of Mamie Echols, of Glasgow, Virginia wearing a graduation cap and gown. The cabinet photo was taken by Michael Miley, Lexington, Virginia photographer.
Photograph of Elizabeth Huntington Gibb
An oval silverprint photograph of nineteen year old Elizabeth Huntington Gibb taken before the annual Washington and Lee University Fancy Dress Ball in 1915.
- Subject: Cabinet photographs X
- Dogs 1
- Photograph albums 1
- Portraits 1
- World War (1914-1918) 1
- Brown, Andrew J. (Andrew Jackson), 1829/30-1892 1
- Brown, Coray S. (Coray Swink), 1888 - 1969 1
- Davis and Sanford Artist Photographers (New York) 1
- Du Pont, Alfred I. (Alfred Irénée), 1864-1935 1
- Echols Overby, Mamie, 1874-1977 1
- Gardner, Elizabeth 1
- Gibb, Elizabeth Huntington 1
- Miley & Son Photographic Studio 1
- Miley, Michael, 1841-1918 1
- Miller, N. J., Mrs. 1
- Palmer Community Center 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Division. 81st 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Division. 88th 1
- Washington and Lee University. Fancy Dress Ball 1 + ∧ less