Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Scope and Contents This collection contains research materials gathered during 2001 for an African American heritage exhibit put on by Rockbridge Historical Society. It also contains a booklet from 125th anniversary of the First Baptist Church in Lexington, Va.
Dates: Inclusive 1992-2001 approximate
Scope and Contents This register of the Presbyterian Church of Buena Vista, Virginia was prepared during the pastorates of Reverend A.C. Hopkins and Reverend J.S. Montgomery, 1908-1926. It includes records of pastors, 1890-1924; elders, 1890-1925; deacons, 1912-1925; communicants, 1902-1926; baptisms, 1908-1924; marriages, 1925-1926; deaths, 1925-1926.
Dates: Inclusive 1908-1926
Scope and Contents This collection consists of a donor letter and accompanying materials about William R. Clark, specifically a photograph and a copy of his Curriculum Vitae. The letter includes memories of interactions with Clark. There is also a photograph of male members of the Randolph Street Methodist Church, Lexington, Virginia (ca. 1955).
Dates: Inclusive 1950-2008
Scope and Contents This is a collection of research materials on Burning Spring/Ebbing Spring Church in Glade Springs, VA gathered by E. D. Heppert.
Dates: Inclusive 1972-1973
Scope and Contents This collection is the minutes of a February 4, 1884 committee meeting at the church describing the funeral of former Virginia governor John Letcher (1813-1884) the week before, and the decision to name a group consisting of Lexington, Virginia notables to write a sketch of Governor Letcher's life. This group included G. W. C. Lee, Francis H. Smith, J. T. Preston, A. T. Barclay, and Col. Edmund Pendleton.
Scope and Contents This broadside titled 'Home School for Young Boys, Grace Church Rectory, Lexington, Va.' by Reverend William Nelson Pendleton and Mrs. General Edwin G. Lee, who was his widowed daughter, provides information about the upcoming semester at their school.
Dates: circa 1870
Scope and Contents This collection contains the records of various women's missionary societies in the Lexington Presbyterian Church (Lexington, Virginia), including minutes written by Margaret Junkin Preston and Ellen Glasgow. There is also a handwritten history (one page, front and back) of the Presbytery that explains the connection between Washington College, Lexington Presbyterian Church, and the Presbytery, which was written circa 1824.
Dates: Inclusive 1824-1927; Majority of material found within Bulk 1877-1927
Scope and Contents This collection includes deacons' minutes, sunday school records, the church register, cemetery records, congregational meeting minutes, and financial records of New Monmouth Presbyterian Church.
Dates: 1858 - 1984
- Subject: Church history X
- Grace Memorial Church (Lexington, Va.) 2
- Presbyterian Church in the U.S.A. 2
- Barclay, Ted, II (Alexander Tedford) 1
- Buena Vista Presybterian Church (Buena Vista, Va.) 1
- Burning Spring Church. (Glade Springs, Va.) 1
- Clark, William R. 1
- Ebbing Spring Church (Glade Spring, Va.) 1
- First Baptist Church (Lexington, Va.) 1
- Glasgow, Ellen Anderson Gholson 1
- Goodridge, A. Wilson 1
- Heppert, E. D. 1
- Hopkins, A. C. 1
- Lee, George Washington Custis 1
- Lee, Susan Pendleton 1
- Letcher, John 1
- Lexington Presbyterian Church (Lexington, Va.) 1
- Montgomery, J. S. 1
- New Monmouth Presbyterian Church (Lexington, Va.) 1
- Pendleton, Edmund, Colonel 1
- Pendleton, William Nelson, 1809-1883 1
- Preston, John Thomas Lewis 1
- Preston, Margaret Junkin 1
- Randolph Street Methodist Church (Lexington, Va.) 1
- Rockbridge Historical Society 1
- Smith, Francis H., Colonel (Francis Henney) 1
- Washington College (Lexington, Va.) 1
- Williams, Alice 1
- Williams, Gordon 1
- Wood, Alexander Barbour 1 ∧ less