Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13
Scope and Contents This collection consists of a lecture notebook used by Washington College and Washington and Lee University students Charles E. McCorkle between 1869-1870 and his brother Walter between 1870-1874. It includes a note about Robert E. Lee on the inside cover.
Dates: 1869 - 1874
Scope and Contents This collection includes 54 miscellaneous letters, 1821-1866; diaries and financial records McFarland kept while he was a missionary and during his two pastorates, 1823-1836, and 1841-1871, at Bethel Presbyterian Church, Augusta County, Va.; lecture notes taken while a student at Princeton University; and printed biographical sketches and engravings of McFarland.Correspondents include Stonewall Jackson, George Junkin, William Spottswood.
Dates: Inclusive 1815-1871
Scope and Contents This notebook contains biochemistry notes of Whitney during his tenure at Washington and Lee University.
Scope and Contents Mainly correspondence, including letters between Hugh A. Moran and his family while he was a student at Washington College; letters from fellow students; college programs; class notebook. Correspondents include Alston Boyd, Lucius Desha, Jr., William Preston Johnston, Mildred Lee, Nathan M. Moran and Mrs. Nathan M. Moran.
Dates: Inclusive 1865-1879
Scope and Contents Isaac Newton Campbell kept this notebook while a student at Washington and Lee University and at Campbell's Divinity School. It consists primarily of his notes on Greek grammar from Professor James Jones White's class at Washington and Lee and notes on biblical history from T.E. Peck's classes at divinity school. Includes a poem about Professor White.
Dates: Inclusive 1874-1876
Scope and Contents This collection consists of student J. S. McCutchan's notebook from chemistry lectures taught J. L. Campbell at Washington and Lee University.
Dates: Inclusive 1868-1869
Scope and Contents This collection contains two notebooks of student Joseph Glass' class notes taken on William Graham's lectures on human nature.
Dates: 1794 - 1796
Scope and Contents This notebook contains notes taken by Reed on lectures given by James J. White, professor of Greek at Washington College (1852-1893) as well as some scrapbook items, which have been pasted in.
Dates: Inclusive 1858-1859
Scope and Contents This collection includes items of John Randolph Tucker (1823-1897) and Henry St. George Tucker (1853-1932) including 18 letters, 16 of which are to J.R. Tucker, legal lecture notebooks, 54 printed speeches in Congress and before other organizations by both father and son, obituaries, in memoriams and miscellaneous items. Correspondents include Thomas Mann Randolph and George Washington.
Dates: Inclusive 1794-1934
Scope and Contents This collection consists of a former Washington and Lee Unversity law student's class notes. The identity of the student is unknown.
- Subject: Note-taking X
- Washington and Lee University 8
- Washington College (Lexington, Va.) 3
- Campbell, J. L. (John Lyle) 2
- Johnston, William Preston 2
- Lee family 2
- Lee, Robert E., General (Robert Edward) 2
- Washington and Lee University. School of Law 2
- White, James J. (James Jones) 2
- Barclay family 1
- Barr family 1
- Bayard, Thomas F. (Thomas Francis) 1
- Bethel Presbyterian Church (Augusta County, Va.) 1
- Boyd, Alston 1
- Campbell University. Divinity School 1
- Campbell, Isaac Newton 1
- Desha, Lucius, Jr. 1
- Field, David D. (David Dudley) 1
- Field, Stephen Johnson 1
- Glass, Joseph 1
- Graham, John Alexander 1
- Graham, William 1
- Graham, William A. (William Alexander) 1
- Johnson, William D. 1
- Johnston family 1
- Johnston, Thomas 1
- Johnston, Zechariah 1
- Lee, George Washington 1
- Lee, William Henry Fitzhugh 1
- Louisville and Nashville Railroad 1
- Lurate, Bob 1
- McCorkle, Charles 1
- McCorkle, Emmett W., Dr., 1855-1938 1
- McCutchan, John S. 1
- McFarland, Francis W., Reverend 1
- Moran, Hugh A. (Hugh Anderson) 1
- Moran, Nathan M. 1
- Newcomb College 1
- Newcomer family 1
- Peck, T. E. 1
- Princeton Theological Seminary 1
- Randolph, Thomas M. (Thomas Mann) 1
- Reed, Thomas W. 1
- Shields, Randolph T. 1
- Tucker family 1
- Tucker, Henry St. George, II 1
- Tucker, John Randolph 1
- Tulane University 1
- University of Virginia 1
- Virginia Military Institute 1
- Virginia. General Assembly 1
- Washington and Lee University. Delta Tau Delta 1
- Washington, George 1
- Whitney, George S. (George Stephen) 1
- Winborne family 1
- Winborne, Roger M. 1
- Winborne, Roger M., Jr. 1 ∧ less