Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 32
Identifier: MS 0014
Found in: Wilbur C. Hall Law Library
Scope and Contents Collection contains photographs, pamphlets, newspapers, cigar box labels (lithographs), cartes des visites, postcard, etc about Abraham Lincoln.
Dates: Inclusive 1860-1965
Scope and Contents This collection consists of a black and white postcard of the home of James Edward Allen Gibbs, who co-invented the Willcox and Gibbs Sewing Machine c. 1860. The home is in Steele's Tavern, Virginia.
Scope and Contents Includes 82 items collected by Charles Manson Crutchfield, including 38 photographs some of which are of Confederate generals and were taken by Michael Miley, postcards and printed materials, most of which concern Washington and Lee University and the surrounding city of Lexington, Virginia during the 1880's
Dates: Inclusive 1882-1914; Majority of material found within Bulk 1880-1889
Scope and Contents This collection contains principally scrapbooks relating to Bryan's service as U.S. ambassador to Brazil (1898-1902), Portugal (1903-1909), Belgium (1909-1911) and Japan (1911-1912) and containing newspaper clippings, press releases, photographs, postcards, greeting cards and other memorabilia. It also includes a scrapbook of family photographs, political memorabilia, and genealogy as well as political correspondence from 1879-1909.
Dates: 1898 - 1912
Scope and Contents Includes genealogical inquiries to Turner, postcards, and religious items.
Dates: 1992; Date of "K. N. Peppers" by Jacques Maurice
Content Description A collection of 17 photographs, copies, and postcards related to Thomas Jonathan 'Stonewall' Jackson, his first wife Elinor Junkin and second wife Mary anna Morrison. The collection includes two original cartes de visite. One, a retouched image of Jackson in his pre - Civil War U.S. Army uniform without a photographer's imprint and the other, a view of his grave by Michael Miley, of Lexington, Va., c. 1870 - 75.The postcards date to the mid 20th century.
Dates: Majority of material found within Cartes de visite
Scope and Contents Photographs and negatives relating to Lexington, Va., compiled over 30 years by Washington and Lee University Special Collection Staff. Contents of collection include originals and copies and vary in size and format. Highlights include a c. 1900 stereoview of Washington Street looking west, and a mid-twentieth century print of Michael Miley's image of Robert E. Lee's funeral procession. There are also copies of an early interior view of the Lexington Presbyterian Church. Other copies include...
Dates: 1857 - 1969
Content Description A total of 15 postcards from the early 20th century (1905 - 1930) with subjects that include: Musée du Louvre; Paris, France; East Lexington, Va., Old Deerfield, Ma., Lexington, Ky., London, England; Washington and Lee University, VA; Chicago; Stonewall Jackson on horseback, Tucker Hall at Washington and Lee University, and Woodrow Wilson prior to his presidency. One of Woodrow Wilson postcards is 1912 presidential campaign related and one is real photo portrait.
Dates: Majority of material found within Approximate range for the collection
Scope and Contents This collection includes correspondence connected with the book Gen. Robert E. Lee After Appomattox edited by Dr. Riley; letters from Riley to his wife while he was with the American Expeditionary Force University in France in 1919; other correspondents include Edward Clifford Gordon, Mary Custis Lee and Jo Lane Stern. Also includes letters to his daughter (Frances Riley, later Frances Denton), her Daughters of the American Revolution card, and photographs and postcards...
Dates: Inclusive 1897-1927
- Subject: Postcards X
- Washington and Lee University, James G. Leyburn Library Special Collections and Archives 31
- Wilbur C. Hall Law Library 1
- Miley, Michael, 1841-1918 3
- Jackson, Thomas Jonathan (Stonewall) 2
- Lee, Robert E., General (Robert Edward) 2
- Washington and Lee University 2
- Ann Smith Academy 1
- Argabright, George 1
- Association for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities 1
- Bamford, Janet G. 1
- Bryan, Charles Page 1
- Colonia Hospital (Colonia, N.J.) 1
- Confederate States of America 1
- Connors, Thomas 1
- Crocker, Rosa F., Mrs. 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution 1
- Fox Hills Hospital (Staten Island, N.Y.) 1
- Franklin Society and Library Company of Lexington (Lexington, Va.) 1
- Gibbs, James Edward Allen, 1829 - 1902 1
- Goff, J.R. 1
- Gordon, E. C. (Edward Clifford), 1842 - 1922 1
- Hess, W. L., Jr. 1
- Humphries, Troy 1
- Hunter, Isabel D. 1
- Jackson, Mary Anna Morrison, 1831 - 1915 1
- Junkin, Eleanor Rebecca 1
- Lee, Mary Custis 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- McCrum's Drug Company 1
- Powell, Lewis F. 1
- Quisenberry, Effa 1
- Quisenberry, Harry M., Dr. 1
- Riley, Frances 1
- Riley, Franklin L. (Franklin Lafayette) 1
- Stern, Jo Lane 1
- Turner, Charles W. (Charles Wilson) 1
- United States. Army. American Expeditionary Forces 1
- Valentine, B. B. 1
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center (Washington, D.C.) 1
- Washington and Lee University. Ambulance Unit 1
- Washington, George 1
- Wilhelm, J. C. 1
- Wilson, Woodrow 1
- Womeldorf, G. Raymond (George Raymond), 1893 - 1983 1
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America 1 ∧ less