Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Alpine, Va. Railroad Photograph
This collection consists of a photo of a railroad in Alpine, Virginia, which is in Botetourt County.
C. Howard Capito Collection of O. W. Link photographic materials
This collection of materials gathered by C. Howard Capito contains thirteen 13.5 x 11 inch original photographic prints by O. W. Link. These photographs depict Norfolk and Western Railway's steam locomotives. It also contains one booklet published by the Norfolk and Western Railway entitled "Night Trick" on the Norfolk and Western Railway, which includes photographs by O. W. Link.
General John Pope Letter
Hiram Martz Papers
This collection consists largely of constituent correspondence relating to Shenandoah Valley local politics, land transactions, and railroads. Included are letters from Congressman John Letcher and his assessments of the contemporary political scene, including congressional elections, Kansas migration, and railroads.
Photograph of the footbridge between the DeHart Hotel and the Lexington (Va.) train station
A real photographic post card of the footbridge that connected the Lexington, Va. train station with the DeHart hotel (Castle Hill). The image provides the view from the west end of the bridge loooking east towards Lexington and includes the station and dwellings along Myers street. Both the footbridge and DeHart Hotel were destroyed before 1950.
Richmond and Alleghany Railroad Local Time Card and Notebook.
This is a local time card for the Richmond & Alleghany Railroad for their line between Richmond and Clifton Forge, Virginia.
Robert J. Bell Papers
Southern Railway Hat-check ticket
This item is a Southern Railway System hat-check ticket, Form 277. It is believed that this ticket came from the Lexington, Virginia Passenger Station.
"To the People of Rockbridge" Broadside
- Subject: Railroads X
- Correspondence 2
- Broadsides 1
- College students 1
- Debates and debating 1
- Fredericksburg, Battle of (Virginia : 1862) 1
- Industrial minerals -- Geology 1
- Kansas 1
- Ohio River 1
- Photographs 1
- Political science 1
- Printed ephemera 1
- Public schools 1
- Race relations 1
- Reconstruction (United States: 1865-1877) 1
- United States -- Shenandoah River Valley 1
- Virginia -- Botetourt County 1
- Virginia -- Charlottesville 1
- Virginia -- Lynchburg 1
- Virginia -- Richmond 1
- Virginia -- Rockbridge County 1 + ∧ less
- Washington and Lee University 2
- Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Company 1
- Bell, Robert J. 1
- Capito, C. Howard 1
- Castle Hill (Lexington, Va.) 1
- Letcher, John 1
- Link, O. Winston (Ogle Winston) 1
- Martz, Hiram 1
- McClellan, George B. (George Brinton), 1826-1885 1
- McDowell, Irvin 1
- Norfolk and Western Railroad Company 1
- Pope, John 1
- Richmond & Alleghany Railroad 1
- Shenandoah Valley Railroad 1
- Southern Railway (U.S.) 1
- Virginia Military Institute 1 + ∧ less