Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Scope and Contents This collection is a handwritten copy by Cornelia Peake McDonald of her 'A diary with reminiscences of the war', from March 1861-1865.
Dates: Inclusive 1861-1865
Scope and Contents This collection includes 20 speeches and copies of letters and papers collected on R. E. Lee's administration of Washington College, 1865-1870.
Dates: Inclusive 1865-1933
Scope and Contents This collection consists largely of constituent correspondence relating to Shenandoah Valley local politics, land transactions, and railroads. Included are letters from Congressman John Letcher and his assessments of the contemporary political scene, including congressional elections, Kansas migration, and railroads.
Dates: 1830 - 1873
Scope and Contents This typescript of a diary by Private Michael Reid Hanger of the Rockbridge Rifles, which was part of the 4th, 5th, and 27th Virginia Infantry regiments at different times during the American Civil War, includes descriptions of military action within the Shenandoah Valley and Fairfax County, as well as the First Battle of Bull Run. Stonewall Jackson, Rockbridge County citizen and soldier James K. Edmondson, and several Washington College alumni are mentioned. Text of the diary is supplemented...
Dates: Inclusive 1861
Scope and Contents This collection is a typescript of Rouse's book 'The great wagon road from Philadelphia to the south,' which contains editorial notes.
Collection — Box: 1, Folder: 1-3
Scope and Contents This collection contains newspaper clippings and papers about forests in the Shenandoah Valley.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1873 - 1925
Scope and Contents
- This collection consists of:
- an image of the 'Seven Bends of the Shenandoah River'
- an image of the Appalachian Trail seen from the Shenandoah National Park
- an image of the Luray Singing Tower
- an image of a view of Skyline Drive North from Hawkbill Mountain at Shenandoah National Park, Va.
- an image of Mountain laurel in Shenandoah National Park, Virginia
- an image of Upper Falls, White Oak Canyon, Shenandoah National Park, Virginia
Dates: 1950 - 1960
- Subject: United States -- Shenandoah River Valley X
- Campbell, Henry Donald 1
- Campbell, Martha Miller 1
- Edmondson, James K., Colonel 1
- Hanger, Michael Reid 1
- Jackson, Thomas Jonathan (Stonewall) 1
- Junkin, George, 1798 - 1868 1
- Lee Chapel (Washington and Lee University) 1
- Lee, Robert E., General (Robert Edward) 1
- Letcher, John 1
- Martz, Hiram 1
- McDonald, Cornelia Peake 1
- Rouse, Parke 1
- Rouse, Parke Shepherd, Jr. 1
- Washington College (Lexington, Va.) 1
- Washington College (Lexington, Va.). Lee Chapel 1
- Washington and Lee University 1 ∧ less