Virginia -- Augusta County
Found in 14 Collections and/or Records:
Augusta County Historical Map, 1732-1872, after 1872
Augusta County map based on the Confederate Surveys made by Major General J.F. Gilmer, undated
Augusta County Map by Hotchkiss, 1865-12
Augusta County, Virginia
This file includes a fragment of a land grant for William Beverley for one hundred and fifty six acres in Augusta County, VA in exchange for "twevle pound fifteen schillings" from 1749. Also includes photocopy of the grant fragment. Notes presence of Beverley Manor.
Borden, 1933-03-23 - 1940-01-25
This file contains two copies of E.P. Tompkins article on the Borden Grant, as well as a number of Lexington New Gazette articles on the same topic.
This file consists of a typescript manuscript of the Borden Grant article by E.P. Tompkins. Also includes a photo of an annotated map of the Borden Land grant. Also includes a list of settlers who recieved the first Borden deeds between 1741 and 1743.
This file contains a fragment of a copy of the Borden Grant, as well as a photocopy of the fragment.
Includes photocopy of a 1758 schedule titled "To the Militia of the Coutny of Augusta, and for Provisions furnished by sundry inhabitants of the said county, viz."
Madison Dunlap, 1994-10
This file consists of a paper/presentation materials written by Nanlou Sauder presented to the Ignorance Club on the topic of "Madison Dunlap, David Lowman, and Miller's Mill" (3162 West Midland Trail @ Kerrs Creek).
Oliver, John (copy only), 1791-01-19
This file contains a photocopy of a land grant to John Oliver for 102 acres in Augusta County, Virginia.
S. G. Landes to Robert E. Lee, 1866-04-30
This letter by S. G. Landes is addressed to Robert E. Lee. Landes requests an autograph of Lee and mentions he's a native of Rockbridge and Augusta counties of Virginia.
Trimble, 1758-12-15, 1799-07-10
This file consists of two land grant records. The first is to James Trimble for land in Augusta County, and the second is to Alexander Trimble for land in Rockbridge County. Signed by James Wood, governor of Virginia.