United States -- Shenandoah River Valley
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
This collection is a handwritten copy by Cornelia Peake McDonald of her 'A diary with reminiscences of the war', from March 1861-1865.
This collection includes 20 speeches and copies of letters and papers collected on R. E. Lee's administration of Washington College, 1865-1870.
This collection consists largely of constituent correspondence relating to Shenandoah Valley local politics, land transactions, and railroads. Included are letters from Congressman John Letcher and his assessments of the contemporary political scene, including congressional elections, Kansas migration, and railroads.
This collection is a typescript of Rouse's book 'The great wagon road from Philadelphia to the south,' which contains editorial notes.
This collection contains newspaper clippings and papers about forests in the Shenandoah Valley.
- This collection consists of:
- an image of the 'Seven Bends of the Shenandoah River'
- an image of the Appalachian Trail seen from the Shenandoah National Park
- an image of the Luray Singing Tower
- an image of a view of Skyline Drive North from Hawkbill Mountain at Shenandoah National Park, Va.
- an image of Mountain laurel in Shenandoah National Park, Virginia
- an image of Upper Falls, White Oak Canyon, Shenandoah National Park, Virginia