Washington and Lee University. Chavis Hall
Subject Source: Local sources
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Scope and Contents An original photograph of the interior of Washington and Lee University's Lewis Brooks Museum of Natural History which was located in Chavis Hall (formerly Robinson Hall) on WLU's front campus. The museum was funded by donor Lewis Brooks of New York and the artifacts, which included prehisotric bones, flora and fauna from the pre-hisotric eras and geological specimens. The collection was compiled and arranged by professor Henry A. Ward of Rochester, New York. The museum space was open from...
Dates: 1905 - 1920