Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)

 Subject
Subject Source: Fast

Found in 11 Collections and/or Records:

Houston, Sam, Mrs., 1986

 File — Box 1, Folder: 48
Scope and Contents This folder contains two newspaper articles about the Mrs. Sam Houston House, a Greek Revival house in Independence, TX, into which Margaret Houston and her eight children moved after her husband’s death.
Dates: 1986

Jordan, John House, 1939

 File — Box 2, Folder: 53
Scope and Contents This folder contains newspaper articles about the Jordan House and its preservation, as well as two copies of a paper entitled, “The Preservation of the Jordan House: A Suggestion,” written in 1939 by Leslie Lyle Campbell.
Dates: 1939

Matheny House, 1919

 File — Box 2, Folder: 63
Scope and Contents This folder contains a newspaper article concerning the Matheny House and its removal from Main Street.
Dates: 1919

McCampbell

 File — Box 2, Folder: 59
Scope and Contents This folder contains a newspaper article about the McCampbell Inn, owned by the Merediths (along with the Alexander-Withrow House). The article discusses the restoration of the McCampbell Inn as well as detailing information about Beth Braford Thompson, the innkeeper.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1800 - 1995

Middleton Mansion House, 1941

 File — Box 2, Folder: 64
Scope and Contents This folder contains a newspaper article about the history of Middleton "Mansion House."
Dates: 1941

Riverside, 1952

 File — Box 2, Folder: 76
Scope and Contents This folder contains two copies of a newspaper article about Riverside, home of the Shields family. The article discusses the history of the house and the Shields family.
Dates: 1952

Savernake, 1976

 File — Box 2, Folder: 78
Scope and Contents This folder contains a newspaper article about the history of Savernake, owned by the Dickinson family.
Dates: 1976

Stone Castle (Johnstone's Home)

 File — Box 2, Folder: 84
Scope and Contents This folder contains a newspaper article and notes about Stone Castle, inhabited by the Johnstones.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1800 - 1995

Stono, 1953 - 1990

 File — Box 2, Folder: 86
Scope and Contents This folder contains a newspaper article, notes, and photographs of Stono, originally known as Jordan’s Point and built by Colonel John Jordan. The article and notes discuss owners, including John L. Campbell, Mrs. Anne R. Howell, and William J. Driver. It also discusses the Virginia Military Institute, near which Stono stands.
Dates: 1953 - 1990

Teaford

 File — Box 2, Folder: 88
Scope and Contents This folder contains two copies of a newspaper article about Teaford Inn, located in Kerr’s Creek. The articles discusses the history of the Inn and the Teaford family.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1800 - 1995