John H. D. McGill Diary
- Creation: 1864
Conditions Governing Use
The materials from Washington and Lee University Special Collections are made available for use in research, teaching, and private study, pursuant to U.S. Copyright law. The user assumes full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, infringement of copyright and publication rights of reproduced materials. Any materials used should be fully credited with the source. Permission for publication of this material, in part or in full, must be secured with the Head of Special Collections.
Biographical / Historical
John H. D. McGill was a soldier in the 1st West Virginia Cavalry (United States) during the American Civil War.
Language of Materials
Blue sheet prepared by Betty Kondayan (9/11/01)
- Hunter, David, 1802-1886 (Person)
- United States. Army. West Virginia Cavalry Regiment, 1st (1861-1865) (Organization)
- Averell, William Woods, 1832-1900 (Person)
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script