Frederick William McWane Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection includes Washington and Lee University-related photographs, documents, and mementos from McWane's days as a student and member of Omicron Delta Kappa, as well as a citation for his later work with the Virginia State Ports Authority.
- Creation: Inclusive 1909-1959
- Creation: Majority of material found within Bulk 1909-1913
Conditions Governing Use
The materials from Washington and Lee University Special Collections are made available for use in research, teaching, and private study, pursuant to U.S. Copyright law. The user assumes full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, infringement of copyright and publication rights of reproduced materials. Any materials used should be fully credited with the source. Permission for publication of this material, in part or in full, must be secured with the Head of Special Collections.
Biographical / Historical
Frederick William McWane was a member of the Washington and Lee University Class of 1913 and was later employed with the Virginia State Ports Authority.
.4 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
A 1913 velvet cushion cover is stored in Record Group 40.
Blue sheet prepared by Betty Kondayan (3/19/08)
- McWane, Frederick William (Person)
- Washington and Lee University (Organization)
- Washington and Lee University. Omicron Delta Kappa (Organization)
- Virginia State Ports Authority (Organization)
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Washington and Lee University, University Library Special Collections and Archives Repository
204 W. Washington St.
Lexington VA 24450 USA