John M. Godown Papers
Scope and Contents
- 1849 - 1935
- Godown, John M. (Correspondent, Person)
Conditions Governing Use
The materials from Washington and Lee University Special Collections are made available for use in research, teaching, and private study, pursuant to U.S. Copyright law. The user assumes full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, infringement of copyright and publication rights of reproduced materials. Any materials used should be fully credited with the source. Permission for publication of this material, in part or in full, must be secured with the Head of Special Collections.
John Godown was an 1849 graduate of Washington College. He served in the Union army during the American Civil War under Generals Grant and Sherman and was a member of the Indiana Infantry, 12th Regiment.
.2 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- A Guide to the John M. Godown Papers 1849-1935
- Lisa McCown
- Â© 2002 By Washingtonand Lee University
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Description is inEnglish
- Web version of the finding aid funded in part by a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities.