Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5

Association for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities Records

 Collection
Identifier: WLU-Coll-0025
Scope and Contents This collection contains records of the association, such as meeting minutes, budget information, membership records, constitution and bylaws, as well as information about preservation easements and county mills, the organization's promotional materials, newsletter, publications, photographs, and a survey, by questionaire, of the portraits painted before 1914 that are owned and located in Rockbridge County and Lexington, Virginia. The survey was conducted under the auspices of the APVA....
Dates: 1971 - 2003

East Lexington (Va.) Covered Bridge Research Materials

 Collection
Identifier: RHS-Coll-0031
Scope and Contents

This collection contains materials about the covered bridge, which previously crossed over the Maury River at Lexington, Va, including correspondence and newspaper clippings.

Dates: Inclusive 1934-1977; Majority of material found within Bulk 1934-1950

Lexington-Rockbridge County Calendar

 Collection
Identifier: WLU-Coll-PP-0067
Scope and Contents

This collection consists of 1977, 1978, and 1981 calendars of Lexington-Rockbridge County produced by the Ruth Anderson McCulloch Branch of the Association for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities.

Dates: Publication: 1977 - 1981

Postcard of Parade on Main Street in Lexington, Virginia

 Collection
Identifier: WLU-Coll-PP-0060
Scope and Contents

This collection consists of a postcard of a parade on Main Street in Lexington, Virginia. The photo is credited to Mr. W. L. Hess, Jr. and was printed by the Association for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities.

Dates: translation missing: en.enumerations.date_label.Creation: 1916

Postcard of Trestle and Covered Bridge on North River

 Collection
Identifier: WLU-Coll-PP-0061
Scope and Contents

This collection consists of a black and white postcard of the trestle and bridge on North River in Lexington, Virginia. The postcard is credited to Cyrus Hall McCormick Library, Washington and Lee.

Dates: 1978